Mark your calendars! Commencement is finally coming for the Class of 2020 graduates on Sunday, October 3, 2021, at 1 pm ET. We look forward to welcoming the Class of 2020 back to campus as alumni, alongside your family and friends.
Registration is required for all graduates and their guests for all Commencement 2020 events.
- Registration will begin at 9 am (EDT) on Monday, August 23, 2021, and conclude at 11:59 pm (EDT) on September 12, 2021.
- Boston University has partnered with a third-party vendor, MarchingOrder, for e-ticketing services.
- Class of 2020 graduates will receive a unique access link to the MarchingOrder registration page via email and more information before registration opens.
- Each graduate will be eligible to register up to four guests.
- No graduate or guest will be admitted to Commencement events without a ticket.
All members of the Class of 2020 are invited to the 147th All-University Commencement Exercises on Sunday, October 3, 2021, at 1 pm (EDT) at Agganis Arena*. The All-University ceremony will also be live-streamed on the .
Schools & colleges will honor their graduates with Recognition Events on Saturday, October 2, and Sunday, October 3. The schedule and details of Recognition Events are available now*. Graduates will be eligible to register for the school/college(s) from which they earned their degree(s).
Event locations are subject to change based on registration numbers. Please check the Commencement website and your tickets before arriving.
Caps & gowns
University-approved regalia is required to participate in the All-University Commencement Exercises. Regalia is also required or encouraged for most of the School & College Recognition events; check the event details for your school.
Caps and gowns must be ordered online. It is highly recommended that all orders are placed immediately, especially for international shipments.
- Order Cap & Gown by August 21 for campus pickup option from BU Barnes & Noble.
- Order Cap & Gown by September 10 for domestic shipping to receive for Commencement 2020 weekend. Free domestic shipping if ordered before September 1; shipping fees apply after September 1.
Boston University is committed to promoting a safe campus environment. In accordance with current University safety protocol, cloth face coverings or disposable masks must be worn indoors at all times when not eating or drinking.
Step on the Seal
Take that last leap off the granite and onto black stone and bronze! Join us on Marsh Plaza to receive your free, professional photos—dates and times will be announced soon.
We’re so excited to celebrate your first in-person ! Check out all the great events we have to offer and we’ll see you on campus this fall.
Watch for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org or refer to the for additional updates. Congratulations, and we look forward to celebrating with you in October!
Moved or changed your email address recently? Don’t forget to update your contact information with us so you can stay in the loop on all things BU.